1. How does a phased life cycle model assist software management?
2. What are two required characteristics of a milestone?
3. For each of the following documents, indicate in which phase(s) of the software life cycle it is produced: ﬁnal user manual, architectural design, SQA plan, module speci- ﬁcation, source code, statement of work, test plan, preliminary user manual, detailed design, cost estimate, project plan, test report, documentation.
4. Order the following tasks in terms of the waterfall model: acceptance testing, project planning, unit testing, requirements review, cost estimating, high-level design, market analysis, low-level design, systems testing, design review, implementation, requirement speciﬁcation.
5. Draw a diagram that represents an iterative life cycle model.