1) True or False Exit criteria are calendar-driven and required only for Milestone B
2) A(n) ______________________ can be used for predicting program obligation performance and funding requirements and identifying potential budget execution problems
3) With modeling and simulation, we model the system and then test the ______________ to gather test predictions
4) To minimize current and future funding risks, Program Management Offices use __________________ to project and track obligations and expenditures
Life Cycle Sustainment Plans
5) With earned value management (EVM), the Government can determine if a program is currently experiencing a/n __________________
Adequate return on investment
Cost or schedule variance
Acceptable profit margin
6) Which of the following is FALSE about Measures of Effectiveness (MOEs)?
They indicate whether a system meets established mission performance requirements
They must be specific and objective
They are developed by the service developmental test agency
They are used in operational test and evaluation
7) An operational test agency is responsible for the establishment of Critical Operational Issues (COIs)
8) The following data is received from your contractor: Budgeted Cost of Work Performed (BCWP) = $200 Cost Performance Index (CPI) = 08 Budgeted Cost of Work Scheduled (BCWS) = $300 Schedule Performance Index (SPI) = 066 Actual Cost of Work Performed (ACWP) = $250 Budget at Completion (BAC) = $800 Contractor’s Latest Revised Estimate = $900 Equation for Estimate at Completion (EAC) Low = ACWP+((BAC-BCWP)/(CPI)) Equation for EAC High = ACWP+((BAC-BCWP)/(CPI*SPI)) Which of the following represents the most reasonable EAC range for these data based on Earned Value Management (EVM)?
EAC Low: -$1,000 – EAC High: $1,500
EAC Low: $900 – EAC High: $1,375
EAC Low: $900 – EAC High: $1,500
EAC Low: $1,000 – EAC High: $1,386
9) What type of test would normally be conducted on actual production items to make sure they comply with the requirements specified in the contract?
Live Fire Test and Evaluation
Initial Operational Test and Evaluation
Production Acceptance Testing and Evaluation (PAT&E)
Production Qualification Testing (PQT)
10) The independent operational test and evaluation agency is responsible for the establishment of Critical Technical Parameters (CTPs)
11) What is your assessment about a program with a Cost Performance Index (CPI) of 065?
The project is performing efficiently in regard to cost
The project is costing more than expected, and the contractor may need additional funds
The project is ahead of schedule, but we will need additional funds
The project is only 65% complete this point in time
12) The following data is received from your contractor on a key component of the project: Budgeted Cost of Work Performed (BCWP) = $300 Budgeted Cost of Work Scheduled (BCWS) = $200 Actual Cost of Work Performed (ACWP) = $500 Which of the following Earned Value Management (EVM) metrics can be determined from these data?
CV = – $200 and SV = $100
CPI = 167 and SPI = 067
Cost Variance (CV) = $200 and Schedule Variance (SV) = – $100
%Spent = 66% and %Complete = 50%
13) Your program is liable for payment on goods and services received under a contract Your payment, based on a submitted invoice, for all or part of this obligation is a(n) ____________
Legal reservation of funds
14) Select a primary weapon system function tested during Live Fire Test and Evaluation
15) Exit criteria are the same for all acquisition programs throughout DoD
16) Which of the following statements is NOT true regarding the requirements and objectives associated with an Integrated Baseline Review (IBR)?
The IBR assesses the validity of the Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB) and the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
The IBR is conducted exclusively by the Government and contractor business management staff and technical staff are rarely included
Subsequent IBRs may be required whenever an established Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB) is unachievable and a new PMB is required
Participants in an IBR typically include the Government PM and technical staff, along with the related contractor’s staff
The IBR identifies the risks associated with executing to the current Performance Measurement Baseline and integrated master schedule
17) As individual hardware and software components are aggregated to form subsystems or systems, _____________________ is used assess their compatibility
18) An over-target baseline (OTB) is a comprehensive rebaselining effort that is best categorized as an internal replanning effort