Component by component, your early childhood program is coming together. This week, you added to your knowledge by reading Chapters 6 and 9 in your text and reflecting on the early childhood facility. For this assignment, reflect on what you have learned about creating quality learning environments.
Create a brochure that describes your program to potential clients (parents) through graphics and words.
Design a trifold, six-panel brochure that depicts the following:
- Formalize the physical layout of your center in a floor plan graphic that includes the classroom, play, and support spaces. (Remember to include easily supervised restrooms and planning/meeting spaces for adult personnel.)
- Plan for furnishings and learning equipment and justify how your design and plan supports developmentally appropriate practices.
- Explain how the total environment is in alignment with your program’s proposed vision, mission, and philosophy, and directly supports the growth and development of children.
- Include graphics and images to support your presentation.
- Choose an appropriate software program to create your brochure, but if you use a specialized graphics program, be sure to save your document in a portable format such as a .PDF or a .JPEG before submitting it to your Instructor. You must be able to paste it into a document for this activity and the Signature Assignment.
References: Support your brochure with a minimum of three scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources may be included.
Length: 2 pages