Clinical Interviewing Skills
1) Interviewing a person with a persistent headaches and
problem sleeping, how to structure an interview?
2) Composing the questions, what are 5 examples of
open-ended questions and 5 examples of closed-ended questions to obtain the
information during the interview?
3) Develop hypothetical examples of at least 5 techniques
(paraphrasing, summaries, or reflections) that could be used during the
4) What are the possible opening techniques to be utilized
to build rapport with the person interviewed?
5) What types of question we want to avoid during the
6) Explain how one’s own beliefs could affect the interview?
How beliefs can influence by one’s own cultural, gender, sexual orientation, or
7) What are steps to take to limit the impact of one’s own
beliefs on the interview?