According to Kirk (2016), most of your time will be spent working with your data. The four following group actions were mentioned by Kirk (2016):
Data acquisition: Gathering the raw materialData examination: Identifying physical properties and meaningData transformation: Enhancing your data through modification and consolidationData exploration: Using exploratory analysis and research techniques to learnSelect 1 data action and elaborate on the actions performed in that action group.
Remember your initial post on the main topic should be posted by Thursday 11:59 PM (EST). Your 3 following posts should be commenting on your classmates’ post on different days by Sunday 11:59 PM (EST). You should end the week with 4 total discussion posts.
A quality post is more than stating, “I agree with you.” Maybe you should state why you agree with
You must do the following:
1) Create a new thread to write your initial response to the discussion prompt.
2) Select AT LEAST 2 other students’ threads and post substantive comments on those threads. Your comments should extend the conversation started with the thread.
3) Provide a thoughtful research-based response and include references to support your thoughts.
4) Exclude attachments and cover page in your submission. Type your response in the message box. When responding to your peer, address your peer by name.
5) ALL original posts ( two to three paragraphs supported by resources) and comments must be substantive. (I’m looking for about a paragraph – not just “I agree.”)
6) Paraphrase text from resources used and cite. If quoting text, use double-quotes and cite.
Reference: Kirk, A. (2016). Data Visualisation: A Handbook for Data Driven Design (p. 50). SAGE Publications.