It is required to develop an application in Java for Student Registration System(SRS) for a university that provides on line degree programs. Universitygives the list of degree programsavailable in the universityand total number of students registered for each degree programs. It has facilities to add to the existing list of degree programswhenever a new degree program isincluded in the list of degree programs and to add to the existing list of students registered for a degree program. It has also facilities to display the total number of degree programsand total number of students registered for each degree program.
Degree-Program-Number, DegreeProgram Name, Number of Terms andDate of commencement of the Program are the attributes of the Degree program.
Students are identified by Student-Number, IC Number, Name, Address and Telephone Number. Note that Student-Number is auto generated. The degree program number for which a student has registered is also entered.
1. The Model-View-Controller pattern can be seen as a combination of three Design Patterns namely Observer, Composite and Strategy patterns. Explain, with UML diagrams, the key classes and methods of each pattern in SRS.
2. Draw the UML Class diagram of MVC with reference to SRS. [12 marks]
3. Develop an application according to the Model-View-Controller design pattern. The program should consist of the following classes:
(a) Definition of Model Classes
(b) Definition of Control Classes
(c) Definition of View Classes
(d) Complete Program
4. List and describe the generic classes to be used in the proposed application SRS.
5. Provide the preconditions and post conditions used in the model class of MVC.
6. Use suitable names for the methods, variable names, code layout and necessary comment statements etc.
7. Demonstration. [10 marks]