This week’s assignment is STEP 1 – Introduction and Problem Statement.
First, the student will select a clinical question from the Approved List of PICOt/Clinical Questions and will customize the question to meet his or her interest.
My PICOT question is on a medical-surgical hospital unit (P), how does implementing hourly nursing rounding (I), compared to no scheduled rounding (C), affect patient safety (O), within 6 months of implementing (T)?
P – medical-surgical hospital unit
I – implementing hourly nursing rounding
C – no scheduled rounding
O – patient safety
T – 6 months
Next, the student will use the outline below and submit via a Word doc to the assignment link.
1. Provide a title that conveys or describes the assignment.
2. Introduction – Provide an introduction to your topic or project. The introduction gives the reader an accurate, concrete understanding what the project will cover and what can be gained from implementation of this project.
3. Overview of the Problem – Provide a synopsis of the problem and some indication of why the problem is worth exploring or what contribution the proposed project is apt to make to practice.
4. References – Cite references using APA 6th ed. Manual.
5. 4 pages.
· Format: Completed Word doc with references in APA 6th ed. format
· File name: Save the file with Student First Name_Last Name_Part 1
Article from instructor: Search engines to use? I found an interesting article for you: https://clinmedjournals.org/articles/ianhc/international-archives-of-nursing-and-health-care-ianhc-5-125.php?jid=ianhc
Questions from my instructor: If you’re hypothesis is that hourly rounding will improve Pt safety outcome, how will you measure it? What are you improving compliance of rounding ? Or Reduced falls From previous month? What percentage improvement are you using as a bench mark? 100% ?
Please fill in the outcome goal.